Graduate & Professional Studies
Graduate and Professional Studies at Ouachita seek to be a source of ongoing intellectual
and spiritual growth for those pursuing lifelong learning or career advancement. Ouachita
fosters community through relationships with classmates and professors in all learning
environments. Through innovative modalities, fields and approaches, these programs
combine the very best of Ouachita’s more than 130 years of Christ-centered learning
with meeting the ongoing and changing needs of the work force.
#2 "Regional College in the South" by U.S. News & World Report
Career Outcomes/Placement Rate for Graduates
#1 Satisfaction Rate in Ark., LA, & Texas by CollegeConsenus.com
“Ouachita will offer exemplary academic programs at reasonable prices from a place where community is fostered through relationships with classmates and professors. We desire for others beyond the traditional undergraduate population to have the Ouachita experience, becoming part of our family.”
Associate Vice President for Graduate and Professional Studies
CURRENT GRADUATE PROGRAMS
Master of Science degree
- Low-residency: Online course work with 1-week on-campus intensive and in-person field experience with clinical partners
- 15 months to complete
- Applications open on September 1, 2020 for enrollment starting in May 2021
Learn More at obu.edu/aba.
- Arkadelphia-based: On-campus and online course work plus in-person practice hours with regional clinical partners
- 9 months to complete
- Applications for August 2021 will open in Fall 2020
APPLICATION & ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
These preliminary admissions requirements are university-wide. Each graduate program will have additional requirements. Please review the program-specific requirements on the webpage of your desired program.
Ouachita Baptist University General Graduate Admissions Requirements:
- Conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution
- 2.5 minimum GPA on a 4.0 scale (individual programs will delineate more specifics)
- Completed application, which includes a personal statement
- Three references
- Minimum English proficiency requirements for international students are as follows:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
At least 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
At least 550 on the paper-based TOEFL
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
At least a 6.5 on the IELTS exam
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
At this time, we are not approved by SEVIS to accept international students. However, we plan to apply and be approved to issue I-20s to international students at some time in the future.
The State of Arkansas and Ouachita Baptist University requires students to show proof of immunity for MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella). Ouachita Baptist University must receive an immunization record that includes the MMR vaccinations. For more information please click here.
OUACHITA LIFELONG LEARNING INSTITUTE
Ouachita also offers non-credit courses as a place of ongoing intellectual and spiritual growth for non-degree-seeking learners. Check out our current offerings below.
Do you ever feel like there’s a leak in the bottom of your checking account? Are you wanting to make wise investment decisions, but don’t know how? Would you like to know if you’re on track with your insurance and retirement plans?
Join us for Financial Foundations, a six-session, online course designed to improve your financial knowledge and reduce your anxiety about money. Specifically, you’ll learn to:
- Explore how goals and values shape your financial decisions
- Develop a budget and understand the importance of managing your cash flow
- Manage credit and design a debt repayment plan
- Review the primary types of insurance and how they function in managing risk
- Understand basic investment strategies and evaluation techniques
- Plan for retirement and perform simple calculations to see if you’re on track
Rooted in a Biblical perspective of money, the course combines narrated PowerPoint videos with opportunities to apply important financial skills to your personal situation. Here’s a sample of what others have said:
"Fantastic work on the course. I love that you grounded your financial work in the larger context of personal priorities, values and faith, and in the realistic human side of economics!"
"We look forward to putting the budget and expense tracking worksheets to use. These are wonderful tools!"
"I have taken another financial course before, and learned valuable skills that helped improve my money skills. This class gave me so much more information to add to what I have already learned. The resources here are just what I need to make difficult decisions. "
Whether you’re still learning about money management, or simply looking for a refresher, sign up today and take a foundational step toward becoming a better steward of your finances!
- Registration: January 1 - January 12
- Course runs: January 15 – February 27
- Format: Online
- Cost: $150
For more information, contact Chris Brune at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructor
Chris Brune, Ph.D., CFP® is an Associate Professor of Finance in the Hickingbotham School of Business, where he also serves as chair of the Accounting and Finance Department. A Ouachita alumnus, Dr. Brune has ten years of experience in the financial services industry. Since his return to Ouachita in 2009, Brune has taught classes in Personal Finance, Investments, Insurance, Corporate Finance, and Small Business. He is also the faculty advisor for the Eddie and Phyllis Ary Student Investment Fund, a stock portfolio of approximately $1.5 million of university endowment funds managed by senior finance students.
Pandemic Profiles: Matt Douglass, Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Observing Advent: An audacious profession of love
Ouachita enters partnership with Leeds United College
A survey of Ouachita faculty and staff's Christmas traditions
Observing Advent: Joy in suffering
GET IN TOUCH
Have a question about Ouachita? Want more information? Shoot our Graduate and Professional Studies team a message!