Registered Dietitian Requirements
- Complete a bachelor's degree or a master's degree and receive a verification statement from an ACEND®-accredited program (Didactic Program in Dietetics, Coordinated Program, Graduate Program or Foreign Dietitian Education Program). Note, effective Jan. 1, 2024, a graduate degree will be required to be eligible to take the Commission on Dietetic Registration Exam.
- Complete an ACEND®-accredited supervised practice Dietetic Internship program or Individual Supervised Practice Pathway is an option. Supervised practice/experiential learning is combined with the Coordinated Program and Graduate Program.
- Pass the Commission on Dietetic Registration's dietetic registration exam.
- Gain licensure in your state of practice, if applicable.
- Maintain continuing education.