STAFF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Applications for staff positions at Ouachita Baptist University are always accepted. Once a vacancy has occurred, the department head, supervisor or director will consider all qualified applicants. Interviews will follow based on skills, qualifications and references of the prospective employee as provided on their individual application. All applications are kept on file for six months. Download the staff application and return completed applications to:
Office of Human Resources
410 Ouachita Street, OBU Box 3772
Arkadelphia, AR 71998-0001
Title: Assistant Director of Athletic Communications
Reports to: Assistant Athletic Director for Communications
Department: Department of Athletics
Position summary: The primary purposes for the assistant director of athletic communications are: 1) Create compelling and relevant content to engage Ouachita students, faculty, staff, alumni, and fans; 2) Ensure adequate internal and external media publicity of Ouachita student-athletes, coaches, and athletic staff.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, sports administration, marketing, or related field.
Preferred qualifications: Experience working in collegiate athletics, experience working with statistical programs such as NCAA Live Stats and Statcrew, experience managing a content management website, proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite applications, experience working with multiple sports.
Job responsibilities: Daily maintenance and operation of OBUtigers.com; write press releases, game notes, previews, recaps, and feature stories; keep statistics on gamedays; maintain history/record books; create content for website and social media platforms; serve as liaison to members of the media; coordinate student assistant job responsibilities; coordinate gameday music/PA/scoreboard operation for select sports; other duties as assigned.
How to apply: Please provide a resume, letter of interest, references with contact information, and portfolio with writing/graphics/publication samples. All information should be emailed to Brian Ramsey at email@example.com.
Title: Communications & Marketing Specialist (writing, email marketing)
Position Summary: This position is responsible for creating and executing email marketing campaigns for student recruitment and other purposes as well as writing university content for a variety of channels and audiences to achieve goals set by the Office of Communications & Marketing in collaboration with other campus offices and departments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English or related field.
- Serves as primary email marketing content creator for undergraduate and graduate student recruitment as well as the email marketing support for other offices and strategic university priorities such as alumni and donor engagement, brand awareness and reputation management.
- Writes, edits and publishes content for Ouachita marketing initiatives. In addition to email marketing campaigns, formats primarily include website content, copy for marketing collateral, blog posts and alumni magazine articles.
- Assists in managing database of prospective students, including but not limited to creating and segmenting lists for email and print communications.
- Collaborates with Office of Communications & Marketing staff as well as faculty and staff across campus to ensure strategic alignment and accuracy of university communications and marketing materials.
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and attention to detail, including familiarity with AP style.
- Strong grasp of audience/message/goal alignment and ability to adjust writing style accordingly.
- Ability to present complex information clearly and attractively.
- Ability to maintain a content calendar and build coordinating email drip campaigns using variable fields, list segments and other email marketing automation and personalization tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team as well as independently, willingness to take direction and ability to conduct thorough interviews.
- Ability to meet and maintain tight deadlines for multiple assignments and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Experience writing for web/SEO a plus.
- Experience with the following platforms a plus: OU Campus/Modern Campus CMS, Emma email marketing platform, Slate CRM, Hootsuite social media management platform, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Conducts job in a way that aligns with and supports the university’s mission, vision, values and Christ-centered identity.
- Maintains university standards to present consistent messaging, voice and visual identity throughout university communications pieces.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking technology advancements and trends, reading professional publications or blogs and participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Provide general support to other Office of Communications & Marketing projects and initiatives as needed (e.g. event support, direct mail coordination, student worker supervision).
Reports to Assistant to the President for Communications & Marketing in Ouachita’s Office of Communications & Marketing.
Employee Type: Full-time with benefits.
Location: Arkadelphia, Ark.
Application: A letter of interest, resume and three writing samples or writing portfolio should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Facilities Management at Ouachita Baptist University announces the following staff vacancies:
- Building services/custodian
These positions are full-time and eligible for all university benefits, including health, dental and life insurance, retirement, vacation and medical leave.
Interested applicants may apply either in person at the Office of Facilities Management located at 950 N. 8th Street, Arkadelphia, Arkansas or by downloading and returning the staff application to the Office of Facilities Management, OBU Box 3775, Arkadelphia, AR 71998-0001.
Interviews will follow based on skills, qualifications and references of the prospective employee as provided on their individual application.