Tiger Tunes is a huge part of Ouachita. Every year, all the clubs on campus choose a theme, design costumes and create lyrics and choreography to popular songs. But the week after Tiger Tunes is like dead week for everyone around campus. The energy is gone and the sleep levels are low. These are a few signs that let you know it’s the week after Tunes.
1. Your grades are at an all-time low.
But don’t worry, you still have all semester to get them back up.
2. The amount of hours you’ve slept the past month is also at an all-time low.
That afternoon nap you never knew you appreciated so much suddenly became a lot more enticing.
3. If you’re a girl, there’s probably still glitter all over your room.
4. Your face feels refreshed not having to wear makeup the next day … boys, you too.
Caking on all that stage makeup every night starts to get real old, real fast.
5. There’s an unspoken yet well-respected rule of silence around campus.
If you passed someone on the way to class and they didn’t respond with a “hey, what’s up?” but rather a tired, friendly smile, don’t be offended. They were just in Tiger Tunes. They’re probably running on very little sleep and it’s all they could do just to lift their hand to wave at you.
6. If it weren’t for fall break, I’m not sure anyone would make it to the end of the week.
Thank you, faculty and staff of Ouachita, for allowing us to take the last two days of the week out of our schedule. You’re doing yourself a favor by canceling classes, otherwise it would just be a waste of your energy to try to get us to retain any information you give us.
7. Half of campus looks like they just walked off the set of “The Walking Dead.”
Only 3 days of class until you can finally hit the hay for a while.
8. If you’re one of the lucky ones who even has a voice after Tunes, it’s probably still pretty hoarse.
Singing and cheering like you just won the Super Bowl every night starts to take a toll on the vocal cords.
9. You’re not sure what to do with all your extra free time in the afternoons.
Catch up on homework, maybe? Nah … probably take a nap.
10. Everyone is wearing some sort of Tiger Tunes-themed shirt.
Because we’re proud of our shows and the hard work that was put into each of them.
11. Your Facebook timeline is flooded with people sharing links to their Tiger Tunes show on YouTube.
12. You’re happy Tunes is over because it means more free time and extra sleep, but you’re also sad because you know Tunes is one of the most fun things you’ll do all year.
Now go take a nap and dream about all the homework you should be doing.
The Ouachita Voices blog is a place for the people of Ouachita to tell the stories of Ouachita. Lend your voice to the conversation. Submit your ideas to email@example.com.