1. Connect to the network through a wired or wireless connection
- For a wired connection, plug your Ethernet cable (not a phone cable) into your computer and into the wall jack in your room.
- For a wireless connection follow the steps below based on your operating system:
- Click or tap the network icon from the system tray
- From the list of available networks, select “OUACHITA” then connect.
- From the Charms Bar, select “Settings”
- From “Settings”, select the Wireless Network icon
- From the list of available networks, select “OUACHITA”
- Right click on the wireless icon that appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- Select “OUACHITA” then click Connect
- If prompted, select “Connect anyway”
2. Log in through your browser
Open a web browser and go to www.google.com or www.yahoo.com. You should be redirected to a web page to log in to SafeConnect. Use your Tigermail username and password to log in. If the login page does not appear you can go directly to https://auth.impulse.com:8443/authenticate.!%5E.
3. Protect your computer
- Turn on your Windows Firewall
- Install Windows Updates
- Install an antivirus program if you have not already.