Connect to the network through a wired or wireless connection.
- For a wired connection, plug your Ethernet cable (not a phone cable) into your computer and into the wall jack in your room.
- For a wireless connection:
- Click on the at the top left hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Network” icon under the “Internet and Network” heading.
- Click on the “AirPort” connection located in the left menu bar.
- In the main window under “Status:” make sure your AirPort connection is turned on.
- Once the computer has scanned for available wireless networks to join, click on the “Network Name” drop down box and select “OUACHITA.”
- After this is done, close the system preferences window and open your internet browser.
Log in through your browser
Open a web browser and go to www.google.com or www.yahoo.com. You should be redirected to a web page to log in to SafeConnect. Use your email username and password to log in. If the login page does not appear you can go directly to https://auth.impulse.com:8443/authenticate.!%5E.
Protect your Computer
- Click again on the in the upper left hand corner of your screen and select “Software Update”. Install all available updates.
- Install an antivirus program if you do not already have one