Become a Tutor
Think you would be a great peer tutor?
Student Success and Tutoring Services offers free tutoring to all current Ouachita students. Tutoring is available in a variety of subjects, focusing mostly on CORE courses. Student Success and Tutoring staff is looking for students who are passionate about helping their peers.
Become a Student Success Tutor…
Who Can Become a Student Success Tutor?
Any Ouachita student who demonstrates excellence in a particular subject area can be a Student Success Tutor. The idea behind Student Success Tutoring is students-helping-students, where Ouachita’s students can receive free one-on-one, group tutoring, and drop-in lab academic assistance with their courses.
What Do I Need to Become a Student Success Tutor?
- · Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- · Must have already completed course(s) in the subject you are tutoring
- · Must have obtained the academic level of a second semester freshmen
- · Must provide faculty recommendation
- · Must maintain confidentiality at all times
What are the Benefits of Being a Student Success Tutor?
- · Satisfaction from helping others
- · Refreshing your own skills
- · Improving your communication skills
- · Great experience for a resume, scholarship, or job application
- · Sharing skills and knowledge with others
- · Flexible work hours (in between class times)
- · $8.25 per hour
- · Being a positive influence on the success of students
If you are interested in becoming a Student Success Tutor, fill out the tutor application below and return it to the Academic Success Center Lile 1st floor or mail it to OBU box 3653.
Please contact Nicole Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 245-5234 with any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor!
Please note: The application process is currently closed for Spring 2012.