Become a Tutor
Think you would be a great peer tutor?
The Academic Success Center offers one-on-one, small group and lab instructions for all students. Our mission is to provide students with the academic resources to succeed in college by maintaining a program of support services that addresses their educational needs.
Become a Student Success Tutor…
Who Can Become a Student Success Tutor?
Any Ouachita student who demonstrates excellence in a particular area can be an Academic Success Tutor. If you are passion about sharing knowledge and building relationships with other students, tutoring may be the job for you!
What Subject Areas Are Needed?
- English – Composition I & II and American Western Letters
- Math – Intermediate Algebra, Introduction Problem Solving Skills, College Algebra, Calculus I & II
- History – Contemporary World, American & Western Civilization
- Business Core – (Accounting Major and/or Business Administration preferred)
What Do I Need to Become a Student Success Tutor?
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must have already completed course(s) in the subject you are tutoring
- Must have obtained the academic level of a second semester freshmen
- Must provide faculty recommendation
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week
What are the Benefits of Being a Student Success Tutor?
- Satisfaction from helping others
- Refreshing your own skills
- Improving your communication skills
- Great experience for a resume, scholarship, or job application
- Sharing skills and knowledge with others
- Flexible work hours (in between class times)
- $8.25 per hour
- Being a positive influence on the success of students
If you are interested in becoming a Student Success Tutor, fill out the tutor application below and return it to the Academic Success Center Lile 1st floor or mail it to OBU Box 3653 by Friday, April 11, 2014.
Please contact Sonya Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 245-4286 with any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor!
Deadline to submit your application is April 11th, 2014.