An important part of Ouachita’s education experience is living on campus. Although living on campus is highly encouraged, students may request an exception by completing a Request for Exception to Non-University Housing Policy form. The form itself may be requested from the Student Services Office.
In order to live off campus in non-university housing, one of the following conditions must apply:
- A student must live with her/his parent(s) / legal guardian at their permanent address
- A student must be twenty-two years of age or older before the last day of classes
- A student must be a fifth-year senior
- A student must have lived in a residence hall eight semesters.
Requests must be submitted to the Student Services Office by the following dates*:
- Spring semester – November 1st
- Fall semester – March 1st
*Requests submitted after the dates indicated may not be considered until the following semester.
Providing misinformation for application will result in the loss of off-campus housing privileges and possible disciplinary action up to suspension from the university.