In order to verify that a student has met all requirements for graduation, a Dean’s Degree Check and a Graduation Check must be conducted. These checks are to be done in the semester prior to the student’s semester of graduation. The following steps must be taken:
- A Dean’s Degree Check must be done by the dean of the student’s major. After it is established that the student meets all graduation requirements, the student makes an appointment with the Registrar’s Office for a Graduation Check.
- A final Graduation Check must be conducted by the Registrar’s Office.
It is the student’s responsibility to make appointments for the Degree Plan Check and the Graduation Check. Students will not be considered for graduation until both steps are complete.
When and Where
Saturday, May 11, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. on the front lawn of the administration building, Cone-Bottoms Hall.
Guests may use available space on any university parking lot (Campus Map). A limited amount of parking is available on the streets surrounding the campus.
Chairs will be provided for guests in front of Cone-Bottoms Hall. Some seating will be reserved for the graduating class, faculty, program guests, and those requiring accommodation.
On Friday, May 10th, university officials will announce if inclement weather requires that a Rain Plan be followed for Commencement. The Rain Plan calls for two ceremonies. Both will be conducted in the Jones Performing Arts Center.
- 9:30 a.m. – First half of the graduating class
- Bachelor of Arts graduates, names beginning with letters A through O
- 11:30 a.m. – Second half of the graduating class
- Bachelor of Arts graduates, names beginning with letters P through Z
- Students receiving Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, and Bachelor of Music Education degrees.
Guests who need accommodation due to limited mobility may make arrangements to reserve parking and seating by contacting the Registrar’s Office, 870.245.5580 or Email.
Commencement Ceremony Video