Ski Trip to Winter Park, Colorado: January 9th-14th
Iron Mountain Bike Trip: January 31st
- Afternoon outing to Lake DeGray to try out Outdoor Rec’s new Mountain Bikes!
Little Missouri Falls Backpacking Trip: February 22nd-24th
- Put on by OBU’s backpacking class.
- Cost is $10 (includes transportation and equipment). Each person is responsible for their own food.
- Hike 8 miles from Albert Pike to Winding Stairs, camping along the way.
Battle of the Boulder: March 2nd
- Arkadelphia’s local climbing competition between Ouachita, Henderson, and people from the community.
- $5.00 registration (arrive early to register at the door)
Spring Break Backpacking: March 15th-17th
- Section 6 of the Ouachita Trail.
- Moderate level trip, open to all skill levels.
- Leave Friday afternoon, return Sunday evening.
- $10 including any gear you may need.
Leave No Trace Workshop: April 4th
- Open to any students interested in learning more about environmentally friendly backcountry campingl
- 12:30 pm in Dr. Nelson’s backpacking class.
Arkansas Adventure Programming Conference – Horseshoe Canyon: April 5th-7th
- Hosted by University of the Ozarks, University of Arkansas, Lyon College, and Henderson State University to educate outdoor lovers on useful skills and knowledge about the great outdoors.
Ouachita River Float Trip: April 26th-28th
- Two nights of camping and an all day float trip!
Pinnacle Mt. Hike: September 13th
Cedar Glades Hike and Disc Golf:
Wilderness First Aid (AHSI certification ): September 28th-29th
BuffaloRiver Fall Break Camping Trip: October 4th-13th
Full Moon Hike: October 29th
For suggestions or more information on Outdoor Rec trips, visit the Rec Life Office or call 870.245.5268 or ext. 5268 on campus.