Keyboard scholarships are available and may be combined with academic awards to help defray tuition costs. To schedule scholarship auditions, contact:
School of Fine Arts
Ouachita Baptist University Box 3771
Arkadelphia, AR 71998
Listed below are suggestions that will help ensure the success of your piano scholarship audition:
- You should arrive 15-30 minutes prior to the audition time in order to have appropriate warm-up time.
- You should have your music memorized, if possible.
- You should seek help from your piano teacher in the selection and preparation of music. These professionals will know piano literature that will best suit your talent, assuring, therefore, a better audition on your part, and as a result, a better piano scholarship.
- You should be prepared to perform two selections in contrasting/different styles preferably from the classical music repertory. If you have questions about the selections you should perform, contact the Keyboard Studies Coordinator, Dr. Ouida Keck, email@example.com or call 870-245-5352.
- You will be expected to sight-read a composition selected by the faculty suitable for your level of performance ability.
Students are encouraged to follow the above listed guidelines, because the course of piano study at all National Association of Schools of Music accredited schools of music focuses on traditional classical piano literature. The most effective development of performance ability on the piano is best achieved through the study and performance of classical literature.
Our goal is to assist the student in the development of a superior technique and performance ability. Once this technique is mastered, the student should be capable of performing a variety of types of music with equal artistry.