The library’s licensed electronic resources (databases and e-journals) are available to current students, faculty, and staff. Off-campus access is provided through a proxy server.
- From home or some other off-campus location, go to the library web site.
- Click on a licensed resource. An OBU login page will display.
- Enter your OBU username and password. The system will connect to the resource, thus beginning a proxy session.
- To access another licensed resource, use the browser’s back arrow to navigate to it. Click on the resource.
- To end the proxy session, close your browser. Inactivity for two hours will also end a session.
Links to licensed resources in course documentation and on Moodle must connect to the library’s proxy server. Contact the periodicals librarian for assistance with creating proxy-enabled links.
If you have problems with off-campus access, make sure your browser software is up-to-date and able to accept cookies. Also, confirm that your network firewall settings allow access to the library’s web site.
For technical assistance, call IT Services at 870-245-5567 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.