The library’s licensed electronic resources (databases and e-journals) are available to current students, faculty, and staff. Off-campus access is provided through a proxy server.
- From home or some other off-campus location, go to the library web site.
- Click on a licensed resource. An OBU login page will display.
- Enter your OBU username and password. The system will connect to the resource, thus beginning a proxy session.
- Keeping your browser open, navigate back to the library site to access other licensed resources.
- To end the proxy session, close your browser. Inactivity for two hours will also end a session.
Links to licensed articles and films in course documentation and on Moodle must be compatible with the proxy server. Contact the periodicals librarian for assistance.
If you have problems with off-campus access, make sure your browser software is up-to-date and able to accept cookies. Also, confirm that your network firewall settings allow access to the library’s web site.
For technical assistance, call IT Services at 870-245-5567 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.