How to apply:
Please look at this SA online application form to familiarize yourself on how to apply to Study Abroad. You must check the last box at the bottom of the application: “I have read and agree to the Agreement & Waver Release of Liability and the Study Abroad Pledge printed above.” If you do not the computer will NOT register your application.
Ouachita provides opportunities for students to gain invaluable international experience literally all over the world. From France to Australia to Morocco to Costa Rica, we encourage our students to learn about the world by exploring it. Whether you’re looking to see some of the world’s most famous art and architecture for a few weeks during the European Study Tour or immerse yourself fully in language and cultural study for a year in Japan, we’ve got something for everyone. Check out what we offer, and start planning now!
10 REASONS TO CONSIDER STUDYING ABROAD
There is a mountain of research that affirms the profound impact that an international experience has on the development of students. As a liberal arts university, we provide an education that addresses the whole person and seeks to produce students who will become comfortable as citizens of the world.
- Students gain the opportunity to learn and engage as members of the global community.
- Cross-cultural experiences help strengthen self-confidence and stimulate a sense of curiosity.
- International study opportunities provide a powerful way to grow personally and culturally.
- Globally competent graduates help foster national stability, security and economic vitality.
- Many schools, corporations and federal agencies seek employees with language skills and cross-cultural competence.
- Study abroad experiences provide a strong foundation for future educational and career choices.
- Studying abroad offers a great opportunity to cultivate new friends from around the world.
- International travel builds lifelong memories and vital coping skills.
- Studying abroad enhances the value of your degree and expands potential employment opportunities.
- Only 1% of university students in the U.S. actually study abroad. Don’t miss your opportunity.