What is the city of Arkadelphia, Arkansas like?
Arkadelphia is a small, friendly, safe university city.
• The population is approximately 10,000 local residents, plus about 5,500 university students.
• Arkadelphia is home to 2 universities.
• It is 7 miles from the magnificent DeGray Lake State Park,
• The community welcomes internationals and invites them to participate in festivals, parades, and community events.
• The local churches welcome all students and offer support and friendship.
• Arkadelphia is close to 3 major cities – Little Rock, Texarkana and Hot Springs.
• It is listed in the top 50 of America’s SAFEST cities in the USA.
• Arkadelphia has a three-swimming pool water park open to the public.
• The universities in our city offer a constant variety of events, drama, music and lectures which are intellectually stimulating and entertaining.
It may be a small place, but it has much to offer! We consider it “A great place to call home!”
What do students do for fun at OBU?
Our campus offers an abundance of sports and recreational facilities
International Club has a variety of fun activities each semester that students greatly enjoy.
All students enjoy participating in the annual fundraiser, Tiger Tunes.
Ouachita has many concerts, musical productions and theatre performances which all students are welcome to attend.
All students are invited to participate in the Tiger Serve Day , This is a day each semester when OBU students go in teams into our community to offer service to those who need it.
Students enjoy outdoor recreation, camping and hiking in the beautiful surrounding areas and lakes.
Students participate in intramural sports, and have access to the excellent sporting facilities on campus, and will enjoy supporting the campus sports teams.