OBU Student Employment Program for Academic Year (September through May)
Welcome to the OBU student employment web site. This site is intended to assist in locating employment positions for students who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have received an award notice from Student Financial Services indicating eligibility for the federal work study program. If you would like to be considered for the work program, but have not yet completed the FAFSA to determine eligibility, you may do so online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please do not contact a department about an open position until you have first completed the FAFSA and been notified of your eligibility for the work program.
First priority will be given to those students who are eligible for the federal work-study program. There are a limited number of jobs available and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Employment is not guaranteed. Students not eligible for federal work-study may apply for any remaining positions AFTER the beginning of the school year. It is the student’s responsibility to contact an office or department to secure a work-study position. Please contact only one department at a time to keep from being requested in more than one area.
Job openings for the 2013-14 school year and hiring information are posted below. All work study positions currently pay at the hourly rate of $7.25. Most positions average around 7.5 hours per week. (Hourly exceptions will be listed in the job openings.)
Once you have been requested to work, a written request by the office or department hiring you will be submitted to Administrative Services.
More information will be sent to assigned work-study students in the summer providing instructions on the paperwork that will need to be completed before work may begin.
Work Study Guidelines, Forms, and Additional Information
Payroll dates for the upcoming year, employment forms and other pertinent information related to the work study process can be found at: http://home.obu.edu/hr/personnel-policies/work-study/.
For more information about work study eligibility at Ouachita, please contact Sharis Armstrong at 870-245-5573 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the work study payroll process, please contact Sherri Phelps in Administrative Services. Phone: 870-245-5585, Email:email@example.com.
Job Openings for Academic Year 2013 – 2014
- English & Modern Foreign Languages - Opening for one office worker: Contact Doug Sonheim @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chemistry – Opening for three office/lab assistant workers; Contact Joe Bradshaw @ email@example.com.
- Physics- Opening for one office/lab assistant worker; Contact Joe Bradshaw @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bookstore - Opening for one cashier; Contact Yvonne Cloud @ email@example.com.
- Athletic Training- Opening for six student assistants; Contact Terry DeWitt @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rec Life – Opening for seven Rec. Life Assistants; Contact Jason Bean@ email@example.com.
- Political Science – Opening for one office worker; Contact Doug Reed @ firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Library – Opening for 13 library workers; Contact Ray Granade @ email@example.com .