Missionary-in-Residence General Information
The position of Missionary-in-Residence at Ouachita Baptist University is designed to give additional support to and maximum utilization of Southern Baptist international missionaries while on stateside assignment. The program is designed to provide a residence for missionary families and also to utilize the talents and abilities of both husband and wife (if married) in a university setting which would encourage international mission’s participation.
If you are interested, please fill out the MIR Application Form.
The Missionary-in-Residence couple will be invited to attend community development staff meetings held each week at the Elrod Center under the direction of Ian Cosh. He serves as the overall coordinator of the MIR program at Ouachita.
The MIR will have an office in the Campus Ministries suite. Day-to-day ministry tasks and opportunities will be assigned by the Director of Campus Ministries.
The university understands that each Missionary-in-Residence couple possesses unique interests and abilities. Ouachita Baptist University desires that the MIR’s unique characteristics be effectively matched with the changing needs of the university. Normally, decisions on the resident missionaries are made as far in advance as possible. Appointments are made by the president of the university based upon recommendation of the Vice President for Community and International Engagement.
- Ministering to international students and children of missionaries on campus,
- At agreed intervals, hosting and participating in social and educational sessions for students and MKs,
- Being generally available for individual counseling with students interested in missions,
- As a couple, participating in events planned for faculty and staff as fully as possible. Informal interaction with faculty, students, and staff is encouraged whenever possible,
- And teaching at the university (no more than two courses per semester) as negotiated with appropriate department and administrative staff.
204 North 7th Street
Arkadelphia, AR 71923
The MIR house is a furnished three bedroom/two bathroom residents within walking distance of the campus. The utilities are provided for those who teach two classes.