The Elrod Center has relocated to it’s brand new facility at the corner of 6th and Cherry streets, just across the street from the old facility. An open house and dedication service was held Thursday, June 11, 2015 with the open house at 9 a.m. and the dedication ceremony at 10 a.m. You can view the construction pictures and follow the Elrod Center on Facebook.
- The two-story, 5,200 sq. ft. facility includes two large meeting rooms for campus and community programs, a conference room and several staff offices as well as a reception area and kitchen facilities.
- The $1 million project is funded through more than $800,000 in gifts from individual donors and a $210,000 challenge grant from the J.E. & L.E. Mabee Foundation.
- Irwin Seale of Seale Construction was the general contractor, and Lewis Architects Engineers designed the building.
About the Mabee Foundation
The J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation, a private charitable foundation established in 1948, aids Christian religious organizations, charitable organizations, institutions of higher learning, hospitals and other charitable organizations.
“The Mabee Foundation has again demonstrated their generosity and unfailing support for the mission of Ouachita,” noted Ian Cosh, OBU vice president for community and international engagement. “It is a compliment to the Mabee Foundation that they will be supporting a structure on campus that will be a doorway to community service. As a foundation, they represent what it means to serve generously and sacrificially in order to empower others to serve in like manner.”