|A ‘Tiger for Life’ is thankful to those whose support preserved Ouachita in the past, celebrates and promotes the Ouachita of today, and joins with others to guarantee Ouachita’s existence for future students.|
“Tiger for Life” is new – but it’s a reflection of something as old as Ouachita itself. This campus, this experience, this family finds a place in your heart and stays… for life!
The Tiger for Life brand was created in the spring of 2010 by a group of 13 Ouachita students working on a class project. This became much more than an assignment to these students. It became their “gift” to Ouachita’s future.
Based on the plans of the 13 student creators, the Tiger for Life program for current students is led by a new Student Senate committee. The committee plans events to meet the Tiger for Life goals of awareness, appreciation and action. Because the Annual Fund benefits everything Ouachita is and does, the Tiger For Life program promotes its importance. Ouachita’s Annual Fund Director is the Tiger For Life committee’s staff liaison.
- Raise awareness of Ouachita’s heritage and unique position in the world of higher education.
- Foster appreciation for the personal and financial sacrifices of others that make the Ouachita experience possible.
- Provide opportunities to serve and give in order to secure Ouachita’s health and future.
Alumni and friends can partner with current students!
- By purchasing Tiger For Life logo merchandise.
- By using the name “Tiger for Life” to describe yourself and what you do to promote Ouachita in your church, with your friends, and to high school students.
- By supporting Ouachita’s Annual Fund each year. Did you know only 80% of OBU’s operating budget is covered by tuition, room and board? The Annual Fund is needed to help bridge that 20% gap each year. Read more about the Annual Fund.