The Conger Club and Conger Club GOLD
J.W. Conger was elected the first president of Ouachita Baptist College in June, 1886. For 21 years, President Conger guided Ouachita’s development as a Christ-centered learning community. What better name than The Conger Club for those leaders who, through Annual Fund gifts of $1,000 or more, accept the challenge to “carry the torch” to ensure and advance the legacy of Ouachita! Young alumni may become members of Conger Club GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade) by giving $20 per month or $240 per year.
Conger Club membership is based on Annual Fund gifts during Ouachita’s fiscal year (June – May) and includes unrestricted gifts, gifts to the Ouachita Scholarship Fund, FORE Ouachita and Stepping Up events, and the President’s Fund for emerging needs.
With your gift to the Conger Club, you can help Ouachita provide much-needed financial support to our current students. You can expect a commitment from us to use your gift to provide for students who deserve an education but may not be able to afford it. You can expect your gift to make a difference.
Conger Club members will receive:
- The opportunity to purchase Tiger Tunes tickets prior to the alumni ticket release
- Recognition in all donor listings, both in print and online
- Special invitations to campus events
- Access to Conger Conversations, an exclusive report and question/answer opportunity conducted by President Horne annually
- Personal assistance with OBU matters such as campus parking, events and more.
- Donors that give over $1000 to the Annual Fund will also receive an invitation to our annual Donor Banquet and Festival of Christmas in early December.
- All gifts are tax deductible as permitted by law.
To join the Conger Club, find out your donations to date, or for more information, contact Emily Merryman, Director of Annual Giving at 870.245.4273 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To give today, click here.
The most meaningful benefit of Conger Club membership is making a difference every day in the lives of students and faculty. It’s a way to thank those whose support preserved Ouachita in the past and join with others to guarantee the Ouachita experience for the students of today.
“As a Conger Club member myself, I look forward to partnering with you in important ways to ‘carry the torch’ of Ouachita’s mission.” – Rex M. Horne, Jr., President