Dr. Rob Hewell
- Director of the Worship Studies Program
- Chair, Department of Worship Arts
- Associate Professor
- D.Min.: San Francisco Theological Seminary, San Anselmo, CA
- M.C.M.: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX
- B.M.E. : Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, TX
Dr. Hewell joined the faculty in 2001. Prior to coming to OBU he was on the staff of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, and served congregations full-time in Kansas, Nebraska, and Louisiana. Since moving to Arkansas, he has served numerous congregations as interim music minister. Dr. Hewell is also a Resident Fellow and Professor of Worship at B.H. Carroll Theological Institute.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- International Council of Ethnodoxologists
- Southern Baptist Church Music Conference (past president)
- The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada.
Worship Beyond Nationalism: Practicing the Reign of God. Eugene, OR.: Wipf & Stock, 2012.
“Faithful Worship.” In The Minister’s Manual: The Minister’s Complete Sourcebook 2010. Edited by Lee McGlone. Jossey-Bass, 2009.
“Foolishness: How Art That ‘Makes Sense’ May Miss the Point.” In Connections: The Journal of the WEA Mission Commission; Vol. 9, No. 2-3, 2010.
♦ Full Curriculum vitae