- Associate Professor, Department of Christian Missions
- Hands-On Ouachita Instructor/Coordinator
Office: Berry Bible Building #208
Mail: OBU Box 3705, 410 Ouachita St., Arkadelphia, AR 71998
- Doctor of Ministry–1988 Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Fort Worth, TX (Emphases in Missions and Proclamation)
- Language Training–1981-83. Intensive language learning at Tokyo Nippongo Gakkoh (Tokyo School of the Japanese Language)
- Master of Divinity–1978 Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Fort Worth, TX
- Bachelor of Arts–1975 Howard Payne University Brownwood, TX (Mathematics Major, English/Greek Minor)
Dr. Franklin joined the Pruet School of Christian Studies faculty in June of 2004. He was granted tenure in 2011. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological society and has served on various committees within the OBU academic community.
A major part of Dr. Franklin’s faculty duties include facilitating the “Hands-On Ouachita” study abroad program and co-leading bi-annual mission study trips for OBU students. These trips have taken him to countries such as Indonesia, India, Russia, Chile, and South Africa.
Dr. Franklin and his wife, Ardith, have been married since 1976. They have three children, Ariane, Angela, and Reece. Ariane is married to Daniel Raines.
Before coming to Arkansas, Dr. Franklin and his wife served for twenty-three years as Southern Baptist missionaries to Japan. During that time they completed two years of Japanese language study, engaged in four church starts, and served on the Strategy Leadership Team of the Japan Baptist Mission.
Dr. Franklin is active in the community, serving as the preaching pastor on the Twin Rivers Nursing Facility worship team (First Baptist, Arkadelphia). In April 2012 he was called to Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Arkadelphia as bi-vocational pastor.
“De-ta kara Purojekuto he” (From Data to Project), in Eriya no Yo ni (Like Elijah), Elijah Group Publishing Committee, Shinza, Japan: 2009.
“Bei, Ou, Ajia no Rekishitekina Reiteki Kakusei” (Spiritual Awakenings in America, Europe, and Asia ), in Eriya no Yo ni (Like Elijah), Elijah Group Publishing Committee, Shinza, Japan: 2009.
“Bijon to Hataraki no Shushi” (The Connection between Vision and Action ), in Eriya no Yo ni (Like Elijah), Elijah Group Publishing Committee, Shinza, Japan: 2009.
“Subarashii Toppaguchi ” (A Wonderful Breakthrough), in Eriya no Yo ni (Like Elijah), Elijah Group Publishing Committee, Shinza, Japan: 2009.
“Japanese Need Jesus,” Japan Harvest Magazine. Spring 2003.