- Professor of New Testament
- J. C. and Mae Fuller Chair of Biblical Studies
- Ph.D., 1991: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (New Testament and Theology)
- M.Div., 1984: Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B. A., 1980: Ouachita Baptist University (Business Administration and Economics)
- Co-Pastor, Fellowship Church, Arkadelphia, Arkansas (2004 to present)
- Dr. Duvall has also preached and taught at numerous churches and conferences and served as interim pastor of several churches.
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Institute for Biblical Research
- Evangelical Theological Society
Duvall, J. Scott and J. Daniel Hays. Experiencing God’s Word. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2012.
Hays, J. Daniel and J. Scott Duvall. The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2011.
Duvall, J. Scott. The Spiritual Formation Workbook: Experiencing God’s Story of Life and Hope. Grand Rapids: Kregel, forthcoming.
Duvall, J. Scott and J. Daniel Hays. Journey Into God’s Word. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2008.
Hays, J. Daniel, J. Scott Duvall and C. Marvin Pate. The Dictionary of Biblical Prophecy. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2007.
Carter, Terry G., J. Scott Duvall and J. Daniel Hays. Preaching God’s Word: A Hands-On Approach to Preparing, Developing, and Delivering the Sermon. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2005.
Duvall, J. Scott and J. Daniel Hays. Grasping God’s Word: A Hands-On Approach to Reading, Interpreting, and Applying the Bible. 3d ed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2012.
Duvall, J. Scott. “The Transforming Vision: The Story of Israel in Revelation.” In The Story of Israel: A Biblical Theology, ed. C. Marvin Pate, 255-277. Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2004.
Guthrie, George H. and J. Scott Duvall. Biblical Greek Exegesis: A Graded Approach to Learning Intermediate and Advanced Greek. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1998.
Duvall, J. Scott. “Identity-Performance-Result: Tracing Paul’s Argument in Galatians 5 and 6.”Southwestern Journal of Theology 37 (Fall 1994): 30-38.
________. “Pauline Lexical Choice Revisited: A Paradigmatic Analysis of Selected Terms of Exhortation in Galatians,” New Testament Philology (Summer 1994).
Biblical Interpretation, Book of Revelation, New Testament Greek Exegesis, Spiritual Formation, Christianity and Culture, Integration of Faith and Learning
Honors and Awards
Outstanding Faculty Award, Ouachita Baptist University, 1992, 1996, 1998, 2007
Summa Cum Laude Graduate, Ouachita Baptist University, 1980.