- Chair, Dept of Philosophy
- Professor of Philosophy
- BA: OBU, 1980
- MDiv: The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville KY, 1985
- MA: University of Arkansas, 1986
- PhD: University of Arkansas, 1997
Hospital chaplain, Baptist Medical Center, Little Rock AR 1985-1987
Served as pastor, Chidester Baptist Church (1978-1980) and DeGray Baptist Church 1988-1990. Supply preaching in area churches. Serve as deacon, Sunday School teacher, and in other ministries at FBC, Arkadelphia.
“A Biblical Defense of Critical Thinking” in Critical Thinking and the Bible in the Age of New Media. Charles M. Ess, ed. Dallas: University Press of America, 2004.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Philosophical Association
- Society of Christian Philosophers
- American Association of Philosophy Teachers
- Association of Practical and Professional Ethics
- Baptist Association of Philosophy Teachers
- Director, William F. “Buddy” Sutton Center for Integrity at OBU.
- Judge for the National Collegiate Ethics Bowl.
Environmental issues for watersheds in Arkansas; ethics of stem cell research; student moral development
I met my wife Amy at OBU during our undergraduate days back in the 1970s. We have two daughters: Hannah, a senior at Missouri State University; Ellen a freshman at OBU. I enjoy racquetball for exercise and kayaking for fun and excitement. In addition to my philosophy courses, I teach a whitewater kayaking course at OBU and occasionally get to enjoy local whitewater rivers.