Veritas: Women Seeking Truth in Christ (Formerly Women’s Discipleship)
Theme verse: Philippians 1:9-11 “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”
Veritas is a Greek word meaning “truth.” Veritas’ mission is to foster a community for the women of Ouachita that encourages individuals to grow in their love and knowledge of Christ. The community Veritas provides is tri-fold.
1. Veritas’ bi-monthly group meetings are for any girl on campus, no commitment is required. During these times, we will bring in women from different walks of life to challenge and encourage our students. These will be Monday nights at 9PM in Berry Chapel.
2. Veritas’ prayer partners are for those who do not have time to commit to a small group study, but would like to be connected with an upperclassman to pray for them and meet with occasionally throughout the semester. Maybe you don’t have time to commit to a small group, but still would like to be poured into, we believe that prayer is powerful, and we hope you do to! Your prayer partner will be committed to faithfully praying for you and meeting with you at least once a month.
3. Veritas’ small groups are for those who want to commit to meeting weekly with a small group. Small groups are led by upperclassmen/women from the community who desire to equip, challenge, and encourage students in their walk with Christ. Small groups provide a Biblical community where girls can find accountability, study the Bible, and do life together.
Monday Night Meetings, 9PM, Berry Chapel
- August 26, Judy Duvall
- September 16, Leigh Anne McKinney
- September 30, Nancy Harrell
- October 14, Amy Garrett
- October 28, Whitney Burger
- November 11, Allison Cornell and Holly Stallcup
- November 25, TBD
For more information, please contact Kendall Calvert at firstname.lastname@example.org.