To financially support our team:
- Follow this link
- Under designation, select “Campus Ministries Mission Trip”
- If you would like to give in honor of a specific member of the team, write his or her name under the “special notes” section.
Our team will serve with “Prevention Time SA” in public schools and communities in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, as they distribute Bibles and establish year-long ministries. This will be the fifth team from OBU to work with Prevention Time in South Africa. The tentative dates are May 11-30.
The cost is $3500 per team member. This amount raised or paid covers airfare, in-country meals, transportation, lodging and ministry resources, including Bibles for over 1500 students, and fundraising materials. Participants may incur additional costs for passports, immunizations, and postage on fundraising letters.
Since 2010 Ouachita has sent teams to South Africa to work with this ministry. In addition to it being a major educational experience for our students, our support of their ministry consists of three main goals:
- To help them distribute New Testaments to thousands of students each year
- To teach in public school classes about the gospel of Jesus Christ
- To train and encourage young adults who will continue discipleship and HIV/AIDS awareness work in the schools.