New students to Ouachita may begin moving into their residence halls on Saturday, August 23. Hall Directors, Resident Assistants, and WOW Leaders will greet you at your new home-away-from-home to help you check-in and assist you as you move in your belongings.
The residence halls will open for move-in at 8:00am. You will not be able to move-in before that time.
We strongly encourage parents and students to check-in at the student’s residence hall lobby between 8:00am and noon. Arriving earlier in the day will allow you the most time to get things settled in your room.
Move-In Day Tips:
- Pack as much of your stuff as you can into boxes, baskets, or shelves/drawers that can be taped or sealed shut
- Write your room number and residence hall initials (Frances-Crawford West = FCW) on all of your belongings
- If you are bringing carpet, pack it in your car last so that it can be unpacked and taken in first
- The student will need to check-in and get his or her key before anything can be taken into the room
- Visit the Campus Housing website for more information about residence life at Ouachita
- Click here for suggestions on what to bring with you to campus
The Ouachita Bookstore will be open from 12-3pm on Saturday. The bookstore is located on the lower level of Evans Student Center and can assist students with room supplies, textbooks, Ouachita merchandise, and lots more.