Why the Defining the Difference Campaign Now?
- Ouachita’s 125th anniversary celebration in 2011 offered an ideal opportunity for trustees, faculty, staff, alumni and friend to invest in the university’s ongoing vision and mission
- Priority funding needs have been identified in 6 strategic areas based on survey and interview research
- Ouachita has not conducted a capital campaign since the university’s 2000-2005 Circle of Excellence campaign
- Faculty and staff are in the process of completing an in-depth strategic planning process designed to provide vital information about current and future needs, opportunities and challenges
- Ouachita is a distinct university and the Defining the Difference campaign will equip the university to enable men and women to make a difference in the world