Hickingbotham School of Business:
The Best Investment for Your Future!
The mission of the Frank D. Hickingbotham School of Business is to educate undergraduate students in business administration and accounting in a church-related, traditional residential, liberal arts university where values, leadership, and ethics are modeled and taught. In accordance with the University mission and in partnership with all areas of the University, the School seeks growth in each student through intellectual, spiritual, social, and physical pursuits.
Instruction is the major emphasis of the faculty. Emphasis is also placed on intellectual development activities resulting in intellectual contributions primarily in the areas of contributions to practice and learning-and-pedagogical research.
Values and Beliefs
- The primary purpose of the School is to provide quality education in business and accounting in a Christian environment.
- Students who are properly instructed and advised are more likely to succeed.
- Opportunities to participate in non-classroom settings expand the horizons of students.
- The educational process should foster critical thinking skills in order to prepare the student for life’s experiences.
- The instructional process is enhanced by the faculty’s pursuit of professional development and scholarly contributions.
- Quality role modeling by the faculty is enhanced by service to the University, School, community, and local church.
- All constituencies are important contributors to the maintenance of an appropriate educational program.
The Hickingbotham School of Business was established in 1993 with Dr. Phil Rice serving as its first dean (1993-2008). The school offers two majors: Accounting and Business Adminstration. The Business Adminstraion major offers four areas of emphasis: Finance, Information Systems, Management, and Marketing. The school has 10 full-time faculty members plus the dean.
The Hickingbotham School of Business was accredited by AACSB-International in 2002. AACSB is the premier accrediting agency for business programs and this recognition puts the Hickingbotham School of Business in a very unique position among its peer schools.
Administration and Staff
OBU Box 3760
|Assistant Dean||Jim Rothwellemail@example.com
OBU Box 3765
|Administrative Assistant||Anita Blackfirstname.lastname@example.org
OBU Box 3760
|Chair Department of Accounting||Bob Websteremail@example.com
OBU Box 3689
|Chair Department of Business Administration||Marshall Hortonfirstname.lastname@example.org
OBU Box 3686
Hickingbotham School of Business
OBU Box 3760
Ouachita Baptist University Admissions Office
1-800-342-5628 (DIAL OBU)
OBU Box 3776