We are always looking to add talented and hard working students to our ranks at OBU. Here you will find information about scholarships, scheduling auditions, and instrumental music degrees.
Scholarships are available for playing in ensembles no matter what your major. Auditions for both Music Major Scholarships and Non-major Scholarships are 2 prepared selections (All-Region or UIL etudes or solo literature) and sight reading. There is no band scholarship deadline, but we encourage students to audition before the January 15 – University deadline for scholarships.
To receive a Music Major Scholarship a student must major in music BME, BM, BA – see degree plans below. The Music Major Scholarship is tied to GPA and ensemble participation
The Non-major Band Scholarship is tied to participation in Marching Band or Wind Ensemble in the Fall and Wind Ensemble or Symphonic Band in the Spring. Non-major scholarship recipients are also required to take 1 semester of private lessons through OBU. Extra money is added to the scholarship for every auditioned ensemble per semester (Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, and Small Ensembles)
If you are interested in scheduling an audition, please do the following:
- Express your interest either by contacting the studio professor (check the faculty link for studio homepages) or by submitting this form.
- Make sure you have taken or are scheduled to take the ACT or SAT
- Complete and submit an OBU Admission Application
- Schedule an audition time by contacting the studio professor, Dr. Hamilton, or Mr. Hesse
- Verify appropriate audition material by contacting the studio professor
- Familiarize yourself with the Instrumental Scholarship Audition Guidelines
- Please contact Dr. Craig Hamilton or the appropriate studio professor for more information
Check out the degree plans for the following degrees: