Athletics is an integral part of the Ouachita campus. More than 20% of Ouachita’s students compete on one of the university’s 14 intercollegiate sports teams!
Ouachita student-athletes strive for excellence on and off the playing field, court or pool. Since joining the NCAA Division II Great American Conference at its inception in 2011-12, the Tigers have racked up the following honors:
- GAC Conference Champions: Men’s Basketball (2012-13, 2014-15), Football (2011-12, 2014-15), Men’s Tennis (2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15), Women’s Soccer (2014-15)
- GAC Conference Runners-Up: Baseball (2011-12), Women’s Soccer (2011-12)
- GAC All-Conference Athletes: 105
- GAC All-Academic Athletes: 142
- National Tournament Appearances: Women’s Basketball (2008-09, 2010-11), Wrestling (2012-13, 2013-14)
- All-America Athletes: 10 (1 Baseball Gold Glove, 2 Football, 7 Wrestling)
Ouachita also has plenty of options for students who are not participating on its intercollegiate teams but still want to enjoy team competition or recreational options.
OBU Recreational Life coordinates one of the most active intramural sports leagues in the nation for students at all competitive levels and outdoor recreation activities that take advantage of Arkansas’ outstanding parks and trails.
Campus is less than 15 minutes from world-class outdoor opportunities at Lake DeGray. On campus, Ouachita offers free workout facilities; basketball, tennis and racquetball courts; a swimming pool and a disc golf course. Learn more about these opportunities at OBU RecLife.
Regardless of the sport or activity, there are plenty of opportunities for students to show their Tiger spirit and become part of Tiger Nation!