Join the Ambush
August 1-3, 2013
You are about to begin the most exciting time of your life…and New Student Retreat is where it starts! Make plans to be a part of NSR 2013 now! We are waiting to give the newest group of Ouachita Tigers the chance to connect with other new students, current students and faculty.
New Student Retreat is your chance to hang out with new friends, meet your roommate, and get comfortable with Arkadelphia before move-in day. These 3 days are packed with fun and games that will begin your OBU experience. The cost for the retreat is $85 and covers all meals, lodging, entertainment, and your own NSR t-shirt.
What should you bring to Join the Ambush?
- Bedding for an extra long twin bed
- All of your toiletries (including towel)
- Casual clothes (we will be doing a lot of activities, save your super cute outfits for after move-in! Be comfortable)
- $85 registration fee
- New Student Retreat Waiver Form (MUST be signed by a parent if you are under 18)
- Your wildest purple and gold outfit
We are working on exciting new events, so the schedule below is subject to change. Check back this summer for the final details!
Thursday, August 1
5:00 – Check-in in the Lobbies of the Student Village
5:45 – Gather in the Circle
6:30 – Dinner in the Commons
Post Dinner – Fun, Fun, Fun
Friday, August 2
8:00 – Breakfast in the Caf
9:00 – Small Group
10:00 – Tiger Traks Lite
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 – Amazing Race
3:30 – Devotion and Worship
7:00 – Purple and Gold Party
Saturday, August 3
9:00 – Breakfast in the Caf
9:30 – Devotion and Worship
10:00 – Small Group Time
11:00 - Closing Program in Walker Conference
11:45 – Check Out
*details of the schedule are subject to change as we refine our activities for the week. Check back right before you come to see the most up-to-date schedule.
A Couple of Side Notes
- We have a limited time with you at New Student Retreat so we ask that you stay on campus. You will have ample time when you get to campus as a student to explore. This is a time to build relationships before you move in.
- Also, the rules for the residence halls will be in place. Men are not allowed beyond the lobby of women’s dorms and women are not allowed beyond the lobby of men’s dorms.
- Finally, please make sure you are fully clothed for the purple and gold party. Guys, this means body paint doesn’t function as a shirt.
Your registration will be confirmation that you understand these guidelines.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 1.800.342.5628 or e-mail us at email@example.com.